Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A Midfall Night's Play

   A few weeks ago, as a required part of my school curriculum, I took part in my sophomore class play,  A Midsummer Night's Dream. For the most part, all went well, with the exception of Oberon forgetting a few of his lines. I loved the set, some of the students in my class had worked hard on it, and all the props involved in the scenes and setting came out well! We made mushrooms (that looked like lamps at first, but the coloring changed that), trees on panels, which one of my teachers decided to paint a donkey head on...(it was painted over - crisis averted!), and trees adorned with Christmas lights. Although the stage was quite simple, it stimulated the audience's imaginations well enough so that they could catch, through the setting, the mystical and dreamy aspects of the play.
  I also loved the costumes, hair, and makeup. One of my friends did a wonderful job creating a crown braid out of my ridiculously long and thick hair, as seen below...


Also, we had some amazing freshmen who came in and did face paint for our fairies, so that they had this very cool and mystical paint around their eyes. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of the results, but they looked something like these -




So basically, very interesting. I honestly just loved doing the play. The mystical aspects of it were so fun to work with, and I hope that next year I'll get to do a play as fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment